Wednesday 19 December 2012

How To Purchase From Amazon And Ship To Nigeria


Many people ask me to explain how I manage to buy stuff from Amazon shops from Nigeria. The difficulty in buying from Amazon in Nigeria stems from the fact that Amazon is selective of items they ship to Nigeria. Secondly, since Amazon does not require your PIN, most Nigerian Banks issuing Visa cards will not release payment until and unless PIN is provided. I take two easy steps to overcome these difficulties.
*I got a USA address from
www.myUS.com for $10
*I got a Zenith Prepaid Visa Card From a Zenith Bank Branch, which I opened with $120.

My experience is that most Nigerian banks will not release payment until and unless the card holder inputs his/her pin. It is for the above reason I recommend
 Visa card from Zenith Bank Plc. You can
Enquire from your bank if they can allow your card make online payments without the PIN.

I like shopping on Amazon because it is by far cheaper, convenient, and I can get whatever I want from the comfort of my home and get it delivered to me within 2-3 weeks. Getting a USA address for shipping your Amazon items to Nigeria is as easy as using the Post Office Box of a friend to receive your mails.

The need for the USA address, as I earlier remarked, stems from the fact that
 Amazon is selective of  purchased items been shipped to Nigeria. (There are some items they won't ship to Nigeria).

So, How Will I Go About Shopping From Amazon And Shipping To Nigeria?
1.    Log On to www.amazon.com and register and account with them so that you can be  recognize as a Buyer on their site.
2.    Go to www.myUs.com and register with $10 which you will pay using your Zenith bank Prepaid Visa Card so that you can be given a USA Address. This USA Address given to you by www.myUS.com  will be use by you anytime you are checking out or making payments from www.Amazon.com  as your Delivery address. Amazon will deliver your goods to your USA Address which was given to you by www.MyUS.com .MyUs will alert you through Email that your goods have been deliver to your suite(USA Address). You then decide when you want MyUS to forward your goods to your Nigeria address through any of the Courier service I.e DHL or Fedex.

You can ask any Question by Dropping your Comments.





3 comments:

  1. Please how do I get the dimensions of the item?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get the dimension of a particular product you are purchasing,check vividly at the options given for that particular product so you can choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A2 Global Shipping should be added to the list as well. They consolidate packages from their warehouse in Michigan and send it to Lagos on a weekly basis. ETA is 5-7 days and rate is only $4.25 / lb - this includes air freight rate and clearing and duty charges. If you register an account in air-lagos.com, you can monitor the status of your packages from arrival to their warehouse in the US up to arrival in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete